Code of Conduct for Junior Members (Under 18)
GWCC is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members.
GWCC believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents/carers or guardians associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others.
Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with the Club Child Protection Officer (Simon Richardson - 07766 501555)
As a member of GWCC you are expected to abide by the following junior code of conduct:
- All members must play within the rules and respect officials and their decisions.
- All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
- Members must wear suitable kit – (acceptable cricket training/match clothing) – for training and match sessions, as agreed with the coach/team manager.
- Members will wear protective equipment (pads, gloves, protector, and helmet) when batting or keeping wicket either in training or playing. THERE CAN BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.
- Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly.
- Junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions.
- Junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.
All Members under the age of 18 will be expected to comply with this Code of Conduct which complies with ECB guidelines.